MAC Concealers: Studio Finish VS. Prolongwear

Sunday 30 March 2014



Both Studio Finish concealer and Prolongwear concealer are both fuller coverage concealers from MAC's vast range of concealers. These 2 are also the most popular and get the most attention. I am a NC42 in MAC, however I use different shades in my concealer for colour and spot correcting.


Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer (Shade: NW 30, Price: $22 CAD)


It has a very thick, cream-like consistency and provides very opaque coverage. This is one of the only concealers I trust for spot correcting the most prominent, stubborn dark spots, scars, redness and pimples. I also love to use this under my eyes (when on the go), even though I know many others totally despise this for under the eyes as it is very thick and can be very drying and easily crease under the eyes. However, for me I love it under the eyes because I have the most atrocious dark circles under my eyes and this is one of the only concealer I feel does a great job covering. The shade NW30 has pink undertones which works great at counteracting dark circles.

It is also great for on-the-go use. When I need to get ready within minutes in the morning, I always reach for this concealer for under my eyes and any pimples or spots on my face and set with a powder and this is really enough coverage for me. The lasting power is not amazing and does need touch-ups in a few hours as it starts to fade away.


MAC ProLong Wear Concealer (Shade: NC35, Price: $22 CAD)


I use this concealer when I have time to get ready and am going for a full coverage look. It is a liquid consistency that provides medium to full coverage concealer depending on how much you layer on. I like to use this under my eyes with a correcter under neath. This concealer can be trusted for not creasing under the eyes if you are to set it with powder. I only use this for spot correcting when I have the time or else I trust my Studio Finish for that when in a rush. This also lasts for ages on the skin as once it is set, it will not budge unlike the Studio Finish that soon fades away.

The shade NC42 in this range runs a lot darker than regular which is why I opted for NC35. I can use this shade to conceal/brighten my under eyes and also to conceal to any spots on my face.


VERDICT

It depends on your preference and what you're looking for. Both provide full coverage. While, Studio finish is great for on the go,  Prolongwear will not crease on you and will stay put throughout the day whereas studio finish creases and will easily fade.