MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick Review

Wednesday 30 April 2014


If you are Olive-Medium-Tanned skin-toned & Looking for a wearable, everyday Nude Lipstick--- then YOU NEED  MAC's Velvet Teddy Lipstick in your LIFE! For reference I am around NC42 in MAC and Velvet Teddy is my absolute favourite and go-to lipstick. I reach for this on a daily basis for a neutral look and even when I've gone heavy on the eyes. No matter what makeup look I am going for, I can always rely on Velvet Teddy as the perfect nude that never washes me out.




It is a creamy, matte-with the slightest sheen, full coverage lipstick that is described by MAC as a "deep-toned beige". However, I'd say it is more of combination of pink, peach, beige and brown that really compliments Medium-Tanned complexions.  Being a matte, it isn't shiny or glossy. However, it is not at all drying and glides on my lips ever so smoothly. Even though, it is not drying I always wear a lip balm before applying this lipstick as I do with any lipstick. I usually never add a lip-gloss on top, because it really isn't needed and I prefer the look of matte lips.  I apply Velvet Teddy directly from the tube. But if you have the time, a lip-brush would give you much more precision to evenly distribute it throughout your lips since it is a heavy formula.

Also, because it is a matte and heavily pigmented, the lasting power of this lipstick is a lot longer than other MAC lipstick finishes. I would say it lasts several hours before it needs touching up nor does it easily smudge off if you are eating/drinking as a glossy lipstick generally would. I've had this lipstick for 8-9 months and after wearing it almost daily, I still have a fair bit to go. I LOVE it to bits, definitely a repurchase and recommend it to medium skin-toned girls looking for a wearable nude.

What's your favourite Nude or Neutral Lipstick?