DIY Lip Treatmeant for Super-Soft Lips

Wednesday 23 April 2014


 


Tired of forever living with rough, dry, cracked, chapped, flaky lips like me? They are annoying, unattractive and for some even painful! If that description fits you, then, you need to try this incredibly easy DIY Lip Conditioner/ Treatment. I find it a little silly to call it a DIY as ll you need is 1 simple ingredient: Vitamin E oil!  Throughout the years, I tried countless lip balms, chapsticks and the ever so popular Vaseline but besides providing temporary relief they didn't do much. I even tried applying coconut oil as a lip conditioner every night which just made my lips even drier and chapped over time. Lip scrubs whether with a tooth-brush or a an actual lip scrub only aggravated my lips and again only helped for a couple hours until I was back to chapped lips.

Vitamin E oil a multipurpose product but for me it has only been most effective to attain smooth, flake-free lips. I've used Vitamin E oil for so many different uses in the past but none of them have really been effective for me at all. I've used it to try to reduce acne scarring and also as a under-eye treatment, both of which did absolutely nothing noticeable for me at all (even after months of use). Also, I only recently learned after reading Paula's Begoun's beauty books that the heaviness of Vitamin E oil can be problematic if used on the skin for some skin types (More Skin Care Tips). It was only then that I stopped using Vitamin E oil on my face and was looking for other uses for it until I read about using it on the lips. Now, I've been religiously applying Vitamin E oil on my lips every night for several weeks and my lips have never been smoother and soft. Gone are my chapped and flaky lips. Lipsticks now sit so much better on my lips and the application is such an ease. Vitamin E oil has really been my savior to smoother lips.

You can either use prepackaged Vitamin E oil as I do or you  can simply take Vitamin E gel capsules, slightly cut them and squeeze out the oil whenever you need it. I use Jamieson Brand 100% Pure Vitamin E Oil which costs around $13-$15 CAD. Vitamin E oil is a little thick, heavy and gooey so applying it can be a little messy if you aren't careful. You could put some into a small lip-balm sized container and apply it whenever you need it. Its best to use this at night as like I mentioned it is really heavy and its not a balm rather a treatment. Try this for a few days and hopefully you will wake up with smooth, moisturized and chap-free lips in no time, as I did. No promises, but if it worked for me, it wouldn't hurt to try it out yourself and maybe just be amazed!