Spring 2014 Beauty Wishlist

Friday 25 April 2014

beauty wishlist 2014

Since I put myself on a makeup-spending-ban for the past few months, my beauty wishlist has been getting longer and longer! I've only allowed myself to buy replacements for items I've run out of. I even held back on the Sephora VIB sale (15% off) sale which trust me, was beyond difficult to resist. Any who, I'm planning a trip to the States in a few months so I thought it would be a great time to put together a list of things to get whilst I'm out there. If your from Canada like me, you know that almost everything here is always unreasonably marked up several dollars more, or the products are not even available here and if you able to buy online the shipping costs are outrageous! Okay, so lets get into the details of my wishlist:

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (Shade Dark Brown/Brunette): I really need to step up my eye-brow game and this would be perfect especially for quick, on the go use to fill in any sparse areas. I've read so many rave reviews on this and am convinced that I need this in my life. I also like how this is a 2-in-1 products as it also has a spooley on the other end to brush my brows in place.

2. Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW™ Pomade (Shade: Dark Brown): This brow product has blown up amongst beauty bloggers/vloggers. Dipbrow would be perfect to achieve a really defined brow for special occasions that wont smudge and will stay on for hours. I plan to use the Pomade to define brows and then use the brow wiz to maybe fill in sparse areas if needed.

3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Duo Angled/Spooley 7 : I really only want this for applying the Dipbrow Pomade as I don't own a high quality brow brush, so this would be a good investment. As a plus, this brush could also be good for applying eyeliner as well.

4. Bobbi Brown Corrector : I have the most horrendous, genetic dark circles under my eyes and need some extra coverage in addition to my concealer. I have tried this on a few times and I noticed a huge difference in diminishing the appearance of the dark circles.However, I've always held back from buying it because I noticed that it creased under my eyes. But I think that if I use it sparingly and set with powder I won't have this issue. 

5. Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer: I have been lusting over this bronzer FOREVER! It does seem to look too light in the pan for my skin tone (medium-tan) but don't be fooled. It is so pigmented, a great contour colour, shows up well on my skin tone, and you don't have to keep building it up. I currently use NARS Laguna Bronzer and Too-Faced Chocolate Bronzer but those bronzers barely show up on me. 

6. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: As summer is slowly creeping up, so will my tan and so I need a foundation to match my summer shade. This foundation seems to be more popular among UK beauty bloggers as I believe its more readily available there. Ever since I heard its a dupe for Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, I've been dying to try it!

7. MAC Lipsticks in Half-n-Half and Rebel : Again, these 2 shades have been on my wishlist for ages. I think Half-n-half would be a great wearable nude as it is a nice mix between pink and brown. It seems quite similiar to MAC's Velvet Teddy Lipstick which I own, but Half-Half is an amplified cream formula (so it will be smoother and glowy) which would be ideal for the spring/summer months. I barely ever wear bold lip colours, but wanted to experiment out of my comfort zone and think Rebel would be a great fit. I think its a great colour for night-outs and days you go easy on the eyes. It is one of MAC's best sellers and I believe its flattering on most skin tones.

8. MAC Eye-shadows Pans: Even with all the eye-shadow palettes that I own, I lack basic neutral, matte colours for blending, outer V, crease and lid colours for an everyday look. As much as I love my shimmer shades, I barely ever use them for day-to-day as that's just a little too glam for work. The colours that I want are: Brule for lid colour/base, Arena as a everyday lid colour, Brown Script as a crease colour, Texture as blending colour, Embark as an outer V colour and Rice-paper as a highlight colour. I'm so excited to put together my first MAC eye-shadow palette as I currently don't own enough to call it a palette. I'm not too keen on buying pre-made palettes anymore because I never end up liking or using ALL the shades, that's why I think its better to buy a few single shadows you know you will like/use.  

9. Real Techniques Brushes: I can't get enough of these brushes!! I already own the Core Collection, Starter Collection and the Blush brush. For me, these are the most amazing quality & affordable brushes on the market. I also love how cute and colourful they are! The ones that I particular want is the Powder Brush, Expert-Face brush, Stippling Brush and the Setting brush.

That is all ...for now! (As I fight off the urge to add more to my wish list)