MAC Modesty Lipstick Review

Friday 14 February 2014



I absolutely LOVE MAC Lipsticks and they are one product from MAC that I will always continue to buy. Mac Modesty Lipstick is most popular and raved about by girls of Olive, Medium-tan skin tones. It is a  Creme Sheen Formula so as the name applies it has a creamy texture with a slight sheen. It is said to be an everyday wearable nude perfect for warmer complexions like myself (NC42). While, many girls out there similar to my skin tone love it, I'd say its not my most favourite MAC lipstick.

I do like how it has creamy consistency so it does not make your lips look dry. Also because it is so creamy, a  lip gloss is not needed on top. However, what I didn't quite like about Modesty was the colour against my skintone (I am around a NC42). I feel that it really washed me out and was "too nude" and definitely needed to be paired with a  lip gloss or lip liner to be more wearable. I believe Modesty would look much more balanced out on my skin tone if it was paired with a smokey eye. However, for an everyday look with minimal eye-makeup it is not the most appealing. I would much rather prefer a nude lipstick that is more browny-pink such as MAC Velvet Teddy or Half and Half.