5 Minute Makeup

Tuesday 1 July 2014


There are days when I’m super short on time, but still need to get out the door looking half decent. Those days tend to be my early mornings before work (after hitting the snooze button about 55 times). I do love my sleep, so sleep conquers my makeup time (sleep conquers all really). 

On such days/mornings, I allocate my time wisely -- less than 5 minutes for my makeup and the rest for my hair (a messy bun?!), outfit (chosen the night before) & probably a to-go breakfast. With less than 5 minutes to do my makeup, I couldn’t be bothered with much. So, I reach for products that are really easy to use and do not require a lot of precision, effort or time. These products also really a help a girl that has rolled right out of bed… not quite look like she has. Haha.

Lets Begin! Timer on!


I start with my BASE/FACE. I cannot be bothered with liquid foundations when I'm racing the clock, so I simply moisturize and then go straight in with my MAC Studio Finish Concealer (review) in NW 30. I apply this on my under-eye dark circles and any spots on my face, using my fingers. This is full-coverage concealer and super easy to use. I then grab my MAC Studio Fix Powder (review) in C40 compact . This is a full coverage powder, so I just swirl my brush around the pan and buff in, which evens out my complexion. At this point, I tend to look a little washed out so I add some colour and warmth back to my skin with a touch of MAC Peaches Blush.

Then come the EYES -- MASCARA is my BEST FRIEND! It can transform your appearance in seconds. I apply a couple of coats of L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara. I then grab my blackest black eyeliner currently using L’Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner and tight-line my upper lash line. Now you might be wondering, why on earth would you tight-line when in a rush!? Well, for me applying eye-liner as usual takes serious time and effort to get the perfect line. With tight-lining I don't need to worry about too-thick or too thin of a line, uneven liner or smudging. It does take time to get "learn" tight-lining but takes only seconds once you’ve got it. It makes life easier as it automatically gives you a thicker lash line and larger eyes without the effort. 

On to the BROWS. ELF Eye-Brow Kit (Medium) is a fool-proof brow product! Its a light formula so no need to worry about over-doing it. I dip an angled brush in and fill in my sparse areas. My brows aren't too thin, so this step doesn't take much time. Defined brows instantly frame your face and pull your entire look together in my opinion. I then apply my favourite neutral lipstick, MAC Velvet Teddy (review), and I'm out the door!

& thats a wrap! Makeup done just under 5 minutes. 

 What are your go-to makeup products when in a rush?