Beauty Favourites | September 2014

Wednesday 8 October 2014

September Beauty Favourites

The "warmest" welcome to FALL! The season of cozy sweaters, hot chocolate, scarves, colourful leaves, long nights & crisp air.  With that comes an official farewell to summer - I will miss it terribly but am pumped to make the best of fall.

Any who enough with the blab and on to last month's (September) beauty favourites. They are mostly new favorites and old discoveries. So here we go:


1. L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara:


I'm already a huge fan of the Original L'oreal Voluminous Mascara and this one is right up there with it! The best thing about it is that it adds both VOLUME AND LENGTH! I usually always have to use 2 mascaras, 1 for adding volume and another for adding length. So, this replaces 2 mascaras for me. It's also easy to apply and even easier to remove. I really hate mascara's that glue onto your lashes and don't come off without loosing a couple of (valuable) lashes - but no problem with this one. It doesn't feel too heavy on the lashes either. It does not weight them down, no matter how much you layer on (unlike some mascaras). It doesn't clump up too much on me either (it may clump the tiniest bit but in a good way that adds volume). The top of tip also makes it easy to apply mascara to your bottom lashes too.

But I don't get the whole 360 degree tip?! I just use it as I would any mascara. Also, don’t fall for the exaggerated, cartoon-ized “manga effect”. I'd say ANY MASCARA layered on about 50 times would look like those manga or spider lashes you see on the ads. So the whole "manga" lash thing isn't the selling point for me. Besides that I do love this mascara for volumizing + lengthening without the clump.

2. Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum

 

First of all, let me just say that this literally smells like the sweetest piƱa colada there is. I just discovered this product this month and it has really been giving my dry & brittle hair a boost. I use this every time I wash my hair. I apply it on slightly air dried hair that is still damp. I apply a dime size amount to my medium length hair (but no where near my roots!). It adds a nice smoothness, softness and shiny look and feel to it. Its hard to say if it does anything for “anti-breakage” because well I didn't really notice any difference (nor did I buy it for the anti-breakage aspect). Though I'm really enjoying this product, I'd still really like to find a product that does with this does AND acts as a detangler/leave-in-conditioner (Suggestions, please?).

3. MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow:


A rediscovery of an "old but gold" favourite. It is a dirty brownish/golden colour. It isn’t too shimmery or glittery but has a nice sheen and layers on nicely. It is the perfect colour to use in a rush when you don't have time to do your eyes. Sometimes I just use this as a single colour on my lids or simply add a darker brown in the crease and I'm DONE. I love how versatile the colour is, as it can be used for everyday and also for a more glam look.

4. Inglot Black Gel Liner #77:


 I’ve already done a whole post declaring my love for this liner! It is smooth, creamy, applies like a dream, and doesn’t smudge or budge all day. And not to mention it is SO much more affordable than higher end gel liners (without comprising on the quality). For more pictures & blab, you can read my full post here.

5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown:

 

This one is for my girls that don't have 15 minutes every morning to do their brows! It is so easy and convenient to use. It looks so natural and lasts all day long. It's hard to over do it because it applies so lightly. My favourite thing about this product is that it is really ALL you need to do your brows - no need for an angled eyebrow brush, a spoolie, or a sharpener. You can read all about it with pictures on my full post here.

What are your last month's beauty favourites?