Real Techniques Brushes in Canada!!

Monday 20 January 2014


I'm super excited to share that I finally got my hands on some real techniques brushes at my local Walmart just today. I have been lusting over these brushes since the past year almost. But I just could not get them as they were not available in Canada. As you may or may not know, these brushes were created by a famous Youtuber Samantha Chapman ( also known as one of the Pixiwoo sisters). These brushes have been raved about by countless of youtubers/ bloggers and that's why I just had to have them. Um.. Mac Brushes-- Why are you so expensive?!

However, there was only about 1 online site that I knew of that would ship to Canada. But, I just did not want to buy online and pay for shipping and possibly custom taxes too. Not worth it for me!
So ever since I've heard they are now available at Walmart about 2 weeks ago, I've been checking numerous times a week, only to find them sold out every time! Luckily, today there was 1 of each set left. They are currently only selling the sets in Walmart, but there is word they will soon be selling the whole collection. I picked up 2 sets, which were: the core collection and the starter kit. Surprising they were the only ones left, so I was so happy to be able to get them.

For prices and to view the brushes up close and visit the official Real Techniques Website.

First Impressions: I love them already!! They are super soft and feel so luxurious. A few favourites already are:

- The Buffing Brush: Its super soft and feels so nice and smooth against my skin. I applied some powder foundation and it gave me a nice even finished look. I LOVE IT!!

- Deluxe Crease Brush: Again so soft!! I used it to apply eye shadow in my crease and blend it all together. It honestly worked so effortlessly.

- Contour Brush: Awesome for contouring right under your cheek bones and small enough to contour the sides of your nose as well.

I love these brushes and totally understand what the whole hype has been about :) They are really good dupes for those expensive MAC Brushes that I would never buy. I just can not justify spending nearly $60 on a single brush!