Ponds Cold Cream Review

Sunday 5 January 2014


I've pretty much given up using makeup removing wipes or other types of liquid makeup removers ever since I discovered Ponds Cold Cream! I absolutely love this stuff as I feel it removes my face + eye makeup so well! It comes in plastic container and contains a white cream.

It doesn't feel harsh on the skin at all, rather it has a nice soothing and cooling affect on the skin. I use it by rubbing a small amount all over my face (as needed) and around my eye area and smudge it off using a cotton round. It works great! However, after this I always wash my face with a gentle cleanser as it tends to leave a bit of a greasy film behind. One thing, I don't quite enjoy about this cream is that it stings my eyes a tad bit (nothing too bad) so I try to avoid getting too close to my eyes.


Another thing is that it lasts absolutely forever! I think I've had my bottle for more than 6 months and I only used 1/4th of the container. I'd say its much more economical than other makeup removers such as wipes that will only last a few weeks (such as a 24 wipes pack). However, the drawback might be that it isn't the most travel friendly and or "on the go" type of product when you just need to wipe your makeup off. For that, I would still recommend wipes which I still have if I ever need them for travel, but I must say I haven't touched my remainder wipes ever since I started using this stuff.

I was able to pick mine up on a buy one get one free deal, so it cost me about $3 (CAD) for one container, otherwise it goes for about $6 (CAD) on regular price. If you find it on sale, I would snatch a few! Also, there may be other no-name cold creams out there that might work just as good and even be cheaper. I just haven't tried those but I'd say to give those a shot as well if you want to save a few bucks.